Making Your Uploads Accessible
You may be adding documents, PDFs, and other documents to your website. Each of these should be accessible to all visitors, including those with special needs. Fortunately, we have ways to do just that.
Below are links to sites that will help you in making your uploads accessible:
- Charts are not accessible; add an accessible list
Google Document or Presentation
- Create and verify PDF accessibility (Acrobat Pro)
- Download Accessibility Checklist for PDFs (90k)
- For local help, contact Julie Vecchio (1-4900) or contact Alex Papson (1-3282) in the Center for Digital Scholarship.
Videos must have a transcript or captions. Never rely on YouTube!
- 508 Accessible Videos – How to Caption Videos
- Ways to Improve SEO (Capture Viewers) for Videos
- Optimizing Long Video Transcripts for SEO
And while you're at it, here's some information on making accessible print documents (often turned into PDFs for websites): American Printing House for the Blind Guidelines.